Wednesday, December 7, 2022

A Room With A View

Most of my day is spent in a little room with no windows. It can sometimes be a little claustrophobic. Sometimes it feels like I'm working in a cave. I'll often have no idea that the weather has changed drastically, for example. I'll go into the room with the sun shining bright, and then come out later and it's absolutely raining cats and dogs outside, and I was completely unaware.

My colleague at work has an interesting way of dealing with this. Every day, when I come into the feedroom to replace him, I see that he has routed up every outdoor camera that we have around the city. Instead of working in a cave, it's more like he is up at the top of a really tall building with a great view all around the city.

I suppose it could make you feel less like a rat in a cage. I wonder if it works for him.

No comments: