Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Champs

 I was driving to work today when I got a text from my boss.

Of course, as soon as I got the text, the traffic came to a standstill.

It was supposed to be there for thirty minutes after I normally arrive, but now I was certain to be late...how late? Would I make it?

I screamed at the other drivers, swore like a sailor, and cursed my awful luck, and then I finally made it to work. I got there with a few minutes to spare.

That's a terrible picture of me, however. I look like I'm a little bit crazy...which, I suppose, I probably am.

It was pretty cool, though. I bet there's few people who get to touch a World Series trophy. It's not the trophy I'd really like to touch, though. I like baseball okay, but my favorite sport is football, and what I wouldn't give to touch a Lombardi trophy won by my favorite team the Minnesota Vikings. I'm old enough to realize that such a thing will never happen, however.

No comments: