Friday, February 10, 2023

Lara By Me

That's a pretty lame pun in the title, right? Can you even tell what I was going for? I thought Lara, what is that like? And Laramie, the city in Wyoming, was the only thing that came to mind. And, since we're going to talk about a cover that I made for Rish for Lara and the Witch, I thought, Lara by me. Utter crap. What's worse, I typed up all these words to explain it. Pitiful as can be.

Anyway, as you know, Bob, I've been doing a lot of covers recently both for my own stuff and for Rish as well. The other day, Rish asked me to make a cover that could be used as the image for the Lara and the Witch series page on Amazon. He gave me a picture of a mushroom and I whipped up this cover for him.

Then I remembered the he had asked me to make the mushrooms more blue. I also remembered that we had used a light blue in the old covers that we'd made for the early stories instead of this green. I used green because we were talking about a witch, but the glowy blue is a thing in the story if I remember right, so I made this new version.

It looks pretty good, right? Don't you think that image would look great on the cover of a paperback collection of the Lara and the Witch stories that Rish has written so far? Somebody put the pressure on that guy, and I'll even make it for him.

1 comment:

Rish Outfield said...

Sorry for the language, but I think it looks effing great, you d-bag.