Monday, February 6, 2023

Tied Down Tight

We went camping last night, and took our canoe with us for the first time despite owning the thing for at least ten years. 

I’m always so afraid that my tie down job won’t be sufficient and the canoe will come loose and cause a huge accident, so I just skip bringing the canoe along. Weird, considering that we got the canoe from my wife’s parents in Canada and therefore had to drive it down 1000 miles tied to our roof. Then we moved to Houston and drove it 1500 miles tied down to my roof again. With that much successful experience under my belt, I ought to laugh in the face of a one hour drive to a nearby lake, yet I always fear disaster. 

Well, this time around, I overcame my fear, and we had a good time tooling around the lake in our canoe.

I guess I should finish this off with that Tim Allen gorilla grunting noise.

No comments: