Friday, March 10, 2017

Day 9 Of March

I was really feeling down for some reason when I first sat down to write this evening. I knew it was time, but I couldn't bring myself to get started. I was saved, when a friend of mine who moved away to California called me up.

Talking to him pulled me out of my funk, and when we hung up, I was able to sit down and write 1,118 words without much trouble. Turned out to be another good day. Still burning my way through Sunny & Gray. It'll probably suck in the end, but I can't let myself worry about that. Just gotta keep plugging on.



This whole process has made me really excited about the possibilities. 1,000 words a day for the whole year means 365,000 words in the year. That's a lot of output. That's as many as six novels for the year! Considering that I've never written a novel in my life yet, it seems like a pie in the sky.

But I think I might be able to keep this going for that long. I might not be perfect for the whole year, but considering that I get a few hundred extra words each day, those will quickly add up to cancel out the missed days. I've written more than 10,000 words in only nine days. I'll probably finish this month with more than 35,000 as long as I don't blow it.

365,000 words. That just blows my mind. Dean Wesley Smith wasn't kidding when he said how easy it was for it to add up, and how he didn't want to hear the friggin' excuses from the crapheads like me who couldn't be asked to put fifteen or thirty minutes work to fulfill their life's dream.

It's been a lot of fun.

No comments: