Thursday, January 6, 2022

A Late Christmas Present From Rish

A box arrived in the mail from Rish Outfield today, and I couldn't be happier with what he sent me for Christmas. It's a little late, but it's still sort of the Christmas season. 

In fact, in many places in the world, they celebrate the Day of the Wise Kings today, which is when the three wise men were supposed to have arrived to give Jesus the gold, frankincense, and myrrh. So what day is better to be giving gifts? 

And I bet I appreciate this gift more than Joseph and Mary did with the myrrh.

Here's a picture of the major things that were in the box:

That's a Fortnite Slushy Soldier sitting on the back of a custom painted tyrannosaurus. The dinosaur is really cool, but I don't think I'll be posing the two together. 

The T-Rex will be better suited with a four inch figure riding on it, I think. But I really do want to have something riding it. I think I'd like to see if I can make a saddle for it. It'd be totally rad.

Rish Outfield did a whole blog post about the painting of the toy, and you can head over to check it out if you'd like. Oh, looking at that post, I see that it's not a T-Rex, it's a Metriacanthosaurus. Though the spell checker doesn't believe me that that's even a word.

I really love how it came out. I love the colors. I need to find a good figure to put on it. I'd like to get some kind of four inch knight figure with a big long lance. We'll see what I can come up with for next December.

Oh, you can see one of the Hulkbusters that he found for me in the background. He also got me the tiny metal figure as well.

The other one is a happy meal toy. My son has some of the other figures from the promotion.

Gotta keep that collection going.

No comments: