Sunday, January 16, 2022

Yub Nub!

Now that we finished the Millenium Falcon, it was time for me and my son to put together his other big Christmas present.

Yup, that's the instruction for the Lego ewok village. Or, I guess I should say, the non-Lego ewok village. 

It's a bootleg, and that fact gave us a lot of trouble. It doesn't come packed the same way as the original. Instead, they put the pieces into dozens of little bags grouped by similar piece. It took forever just to open all the bags.

We put all the pieces into a giant Tupperware-type container so that we didn't lose any. Unfortunately, it's going to take us a lot of time searching through the container to find each piece we need. It's going to be a big challenge. Especially considering that there are 1,990 pieces in the set. Look at that container! That's huge, and it's totally full!

My son and I got to work, and by the end of day one, we had one tree and hut finished.

Emboldened by our success from the day before, we worked on the set from basically dawn till dusk the next day and put all 1,990 pieces together for this amazing piece of toy goodness:

I again want to confiscate it and put it on my own shelves. My son might even be down with that, because he's out of shelf space for all the Lego creations he's made over the years...but then again, I'm out of space too. Especially for something as massive as this thing is.

My son's birthday is coming up in just a few weeks, so I'm sure I'll have more pictures of Lego sets that I can share with you.

No comments: