Sunday, January 30, 2022

Russell and Dug

While I was out doing my usual sweep of all the Walmarts, Targets, Rosses, Five Belows, and sometimes Walgreenses, I came across this figure hanging on the pegs.

I complained to myself about how dumb it was that they had only Dug available to buy from the Up movie in this toy line. Especially since they try to sell the line on the figures being interactive one with another. Look at that stupid picture up in the corner where they show Dug talking with Mr. Incredible. Lame.

I've complained to myself (yes, I'm always by myself) about this many times, because the figure has been out for a while.

But then I went to another Walmart, and came across this figure on the pegs.

Russell! Oh my gosh, this thing is so great. I had to have it. Especially since I'd just seen Dug at the other store. 

Stupidly, they've got Russell talking to Zurg in the picture in the corner on this one. Why didn't they have him talking with Dug? I guess they're not in the same wave, so they can't be promoting an older figure.

Anyway, I bought Russell, and then changed directions on my usual sweep to head back to the Walmart that still had Dug, and now I've got the both of them.

They look so great together up on the shelf.

I suspect that they will do a Carl Fredrickson in the next wave, and that will be nice, but I don't even think it's necessary. I'd be happy with just these two if that's all they ever gave us.

No comments: