Wednesday, July 17, 2024

One More Epic Hero

While I was in a vulnerable state at Walmart the other day getting my tire fixed, I bought some figures. I talked about the Star Wars ones yesterday, but I also got a Marvel one as well, since they were on sale. There's not a lot of guys from Marvel that I feel fit in on Ankletown Station, but one of the few standard guys is Iron Man. They had him there for a couple dollars cheaper than usual, so I grabbed him.

This guy needs a ton of blackwash to look decent as well, but it wouldn't be too hard to accomplish. The funny thing is that these Marvel guys aren't limited to five points of articulation like the Star Wars ones.

He has his head on a ball joint. His shoulders have ball and socket joints. He has elbows and knees that the Star Wars guys don't have...and so on. The Marvel guys were in creation before the Star Wars guys. They already had established the Epic Heroes line as a four inch scale line with this level of articulation, but then they added Star Wars guys, but dumbed them down to 5POA and still charge the same for them. Seems weird. All I can guess is that Star Wars has been 5POA for a long time, so they thing people have some kind of nostalgia for minimally poseable figures. It's just silly.

I like this Iron Man, though. He'll be good on Ankletown Station someday.

No comments: