Friday, July 26, 2024

Weequay And His Brothers

I had Weequay when I was a kid. I didn't have a ton of Star Wars guys, because I only got what my parents bought me for my birthday or for Christmas (although I did once wash cars to earn money to buy my own Gamorrean Guard), but Weequay was one of those figures. So, I'm really partial to the guy. 

I saw him for full price at Walmart once, and bought him right up without even worrying about the overly high price that they charge for Vintage Collection figures these days. After all, I had a skiff at home that I could put him onto, and I did exactly that, adding him to the force of enemies attacking my Luke Skywalker.

That's him right there with his face being blocked by Boba Fett's blaster.

The other day, I went to Ross, and though they had nothing particularly good, I did find another Vintage Collection Weequay. In fact, there were three of them. I already had a Weequay and didn't need one...but what if I did some customizing? I want to have tons of aliens on Ankletown Station, but you can't have aliens if...well, you don't have them. If nothing else, I could just swap the heads of these guys out and put them on the body of a different figure. That thought decided me, and I bought all three of the Weequays.

Maybe, I can just paint the pants and arms different colors, or maybe the heads need to be swapped out and put on something like Halo figures bodies. Not sure what I'll do, but I have them now, and that's good to start.

No comments: