Monday, February 28, 2022

Ghostface

I talked a lot with Rish about getting a Ghostface figure from the Scream movies around Halloween, but I just couldn't pull the trigger, because it cost more than I wanted to pay. I could get more band for my buck with cheaper figures.

The other day, however, I bought myself a Starscream figure from the Transformers R.E.D. line. I have the Megatron, Optimus Prime, and Soundwave from the line, but I never got Starscream when he was possible to find at the stores.

But out of the blue, there he was on Sunday. I was pretty stoked. I thought I'd never see him again. I bought it, and brought it home to put on the shelf next to Soundwave. When I pulled it out of the package, however, I discovered that there was only one of his two wings in there. I was pretty irritated.

I packed it back up and got my receipt ready to return the figure the next day. I wonder how a one-wing Starscream figure got on the shelf for purchase. My guess was that someone bought the figure, had it at home, but then lost the wing...maybe their dog ate it or something...and they thought, "well, I've still got the box, I should return it to the store and get my money back. I don't want this one-wing Starscream."

People do that kind of shit and worse all the time in the toy collecting sphere. There seems to be a great deal of dishonest shitheads out there...either that or one or two VERY PROLIFIC shitheads.

Well, I took the figure back, and got my money back, but the whole process had me really irritated. I decided to stop at one more store, just in case I might find something interesting there.

That's when I saw Ghostface on the peg. I was in a vulnerable state, that's how Ghostface got me. I thought, it's only about $10 more than Starscream was, and since I just got the money I paid for him back, it's like I only paid $10 for the guy to begin with.

That logic totally checks out. So, I bought Ghostface to soothe my emotions. That's how they get you.

He's really cool, though. He looks great. Kind of hard to see on my black background, but take my word for it.

So, in the end, I'm happy to have him, even if I should not have spent the money on him that I did. He'll look good up there come Halloween. I kind of wish it was October already.

I'd really like to get a Freddy Kruger and a Jason Voorhees as well. I guess we'll see if I find them on the shelves when I'm in a vulnerable state as well.

No comments: