Tuesday, March 1, 2022

The Last

I'm getting close to finishing up the Avatar: The Last Airbender series, and I have to admit that I am really enjoying it. In general, it's made for kids, but there's plenty to appreciate in it. And I don't have anything against something made for kids just for that reason. I'm a huge fan of Phineas & Ferb as well as all of the early Pixar films and most Disney animated features as well.

I told you before how I started watching the show because I wanted to buy the toy of Appa the sky bison. Well, now that I'm kind of a fan of the show, I was excited to see that wave two of the McFarlane figures has come out, and I found Toph at the store today.

You could say that she completes the Avatar's companions...unless you are talking about Zuko joining the group right at the end. I still haven't made it to that point, but over the years, I've seen some of the episodes where that has already happened when my kids were watching them. So, it's already been spoiled.

They have a Zuko out already, but it's a season one Zuko, not a season three Zuko that joins Team Avatar, who looks different. I hadn't bought the season one Zuko, because he didn't go with my group.

But then today, when I found Toph, I also found Uncle Iroh, who is far and above my favorite character of the show. I had to get him, and if I had him, then I probably ought to have Prince Zuko who travels with him for the first few seasons of the show. So I grabbed them both as well.

Watching Uncle Iroh during this show has been worth it all. Even if the rest of the show sucked. He is so interesting, fun, and wise. I love the guy so much.

I think I'm done with Avatar toys now, although I guess if they made a third season Zuko, I might have to consider adding that one.

No comments: