Sunday, September 11, 2022

And To Think I Saw It All On The Greenbelt Trail

I guess I could turn this blog into a 'what cool things did I see on my walk today?' blog. I did a post like that yesterday, and here I am, back again with another.

I thought I'd start with these cool berries.

They didn't taste very good, and I'm starting to feel a little faint. In fact, I can't feel my legs anymore. Is that a problem? Sorry, tangent. They're kind of pretty, anyway.

Later, I came across two turtles in the drainage canal that I cross over twice every day.

Now, let me assure you that I like turtles, and I'm always happy to see them on my walk.

There are some places where dozens of turtles all congregate, but way over here, I'm lucky if I see even one turtle. Seeing two today was rare luck.

Although I would guess that they wouldn't agree with me, judging by their reaction to my presence.

I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but the big one there is really big. That little one is the size of what most people's pet turtles get to be, maybe the size of a human hand with the fingers all stretched out. 

That big one, on the other hand, is so big it would require both hands to pick it up. They only tend to get this big out in the wild, when they have room to roam as far and wide as they want, which is what these two had done, taking a long walkabout from the rest of the turtles at turtle town and the far end of the canal.

What's best, is that I saw all that stuff, and managed to dictate more than 500 words on my Ankletown Station book. I've dictated story while walking for the last four days, and I'm really excited by the progress I've been able to make. I got 500 words twice, 366 once, and the worst I've done was 250 something words.

If I'm going to take a walk every day for my health, adding 250-500 words while doing it is a total win. Wait, it's what they call a win-win, isn't it? Two great tastes that taste great together? Double double your refreshment? Double double your enjoyment? No single gum double freshens your mouth like doublemint doublemint gum?

No comments: