Tuesday, September 6, 2022

More 'Shrooms

I had a post a few weeks back about seeing some mushrooms in the parking lot at work, and how, as a boy from the dried out west, this was a big deal to me. Well, it's been raining a lot around here recently, so there have been plenty more mushrooms where those first ones came from.

I ran a bunch of them down this weekend when I mowed the lawn, for example.

But today, while I was out doing my morning walk, I found some that I don't think I've seen before. Check these guys out.

I thought they were cool enough to stop and take a picture of. But then I turned around, and on the other side of the trail, back in with the thick brush, there were dozens and dozens more.

The vines and branches are really thick off the side of the trail, but I decided to push my way back through and get some pictures of them too.




On my tiny phone screen, I couldn't tell if the scale of the number of mushrooms was coming through, or if they were just to spread out to be able to tell. Now that I've got the photos home, and I can see them bigger, it seems like you can tell that there is just a ton of these things, and the pictures actually look pretty good.

I took a couple of wider shots to try to show how many mushrooms had sprung up in this spot, but they are the ones that don't seem to show the scale nearly as well.

This one is a little better.

I do really like how the pictures turned out.




They're neat looking mushrooms. They look like tiny umbrellas. Umbrellas for fairies or something.

I'm not sure if it was worth it to traipse back into the brush like I did, however. At one point I got stuck, because the vine I had brushed up against wasn't like the others. This one had thorns. It felt like I'd bumbled into a wild blackberry bush or something. I had to stop walking, and back up several steps just to get the thorns to release me...and they didn't leave me unscathed.

I look like I've been playing with my cat. She's a vicious little beast.



No comments: