Tuesday, September 6, 2022

LeBron Joins The Monstars

I told y'all before about how I bought a Cyber Hero LeBron James Space Jam figure, thinking that it would be a nice fit with the rest of my 3.75 inch figures that would inhabit Ankletown Station, but when I put them together, I found that they were horribly out of scale.

I was thinking I would just have to sell it on eBay or give it to my son to bash together with his other toys, but Rish said that I just needed to give it an alien head, and that would explain why it was so much bigger. Then I could still use it.

I considered it, and my options. I looked at a bunch of different ideas for an alien head, but never quite pulled the trigger. Then, I found the one I wanted. A new wave of Final Faction figures hit the dollar store, and they included this thing:

If you're like me, then you have no idea what you're looking at. The bubbles on these packages are so hard to see through. They make the figures look weirdly warped and distorted. Here's what it looks like out of the package.

Looks like an alien spider or a crab or something like that. I was looking at that thing one night, and I thought, could I pull the legs off of this thing and make it a head? So I tried it.

The legs came off easily enough, I think they were made to be easily fixed if they broke off. When I held the thing where the head would be on the LeBron body, it looked pretty good. So, I got my drill, estimated what size bit I needed to make a hole that would fit LeBron's neck, and drilled a hole in the bottom of the alien crab spider.

It looked even better when it was properly fitted to the neck.

I couldn't decide if I should keep the pincers or not, so I texted a picture to Rish. He said the pincers should stay, so I let him be the deciding vote.

I couldn't leave him there with these human hands and a decidedly non-human head, so my next move was to turn something into alien hands. I took my snips to the legs I'd removed, and fashioned a set of alien claw hands. Then I snipped LeBron's hands off and drilled out his forearms so that I could shove these new hands up inside like pegs in a hole.

I also shoved some beads into the vacated arm holes. I didn't mean for this to happen, but now they looked like eyes. Not sure if I'll leave it that way.  I'm going to have to paint all this stuff now. I don't want it to be the lavender and gold that it is right now. I think I'll turn my alien into a little green man...or giant sized green man considering the scale difference. I'll get to it eventually, I suppose.

I think I like it. It's at least made that LeBron figure that I thought I couldn't use into something that I certainly can. Looking like this, though, I think we have to say that LeBron is playing for the Monstars team now. He doesn't look like he belongs on Bugs and Daffy's team any longer, that's for sure.

I also have the leftover LeBron head. Maybe, instead of using it in TikTok videos, I should put it on one of my Halo guys. He could be in the military with our friend Laka Baba.

I think that works. He needs some paint and stuff, but I think he'll be a good member of the guards...I think these guys are going to be the guards at Ankletown Station. Old President Government uses them to intimidate the citizenry into keeping quiet and docile and paying their exorbitant taxes.


No comments: