Friday, September 9, 2022

More Fun Pics

My daughter did the drawing that I wanted for my Christmas short story collection cover, and I loved it.

The other day, I showed her how I had incorporated it into the book itself as well. I like to put little pieces of clipart in as the divider between story sections instead of just leaving them blank, or putting the three stars that let you know there's a section break if it happens at the bottom of a page. So, I showed her this:


The rest of the book just had more generic public domain clipart that I'd gotten off a website called clker.com. She looked at it and said, "I can make you pictures for the rest of your stories too."

That seemed like a lot of work, so I told her that if she did, she had to make them minimally difficult. No big deal. Simple clipart kind of things.

Well, she gave me the picture for the next story, and it just makes me smile so very much. What do you think?

I love it. In case it doesn't look familiar, it comes from the Christmas episode we did on the Dunesteef back in 2009. I made a prose version of the audio drama we did, and that will be the second story in my Christmas collection.

Seeing this picture just makes me chuckle every time. And it looks really good in between the story sections on the book.


I really need to get going on this book. I was planning on having the eBook out sometime this week. Looks like it will be, at best, next week. But I promise it will be very soon. I just gotta get my priorities straight. Like, publishing the eBook needs to come before doing blog posts about the clipart that is going into the eBook. I can bother with the blog later.

No comments: