Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Out Of Scale

I saw this Space Jam figure on for cheap at Ross, and I thought he'd be a cool addition to my very own Rotgut Station.

I never saw the movie, but I guess this is supposed to be LeBron James as Morpheus from The Matrix. It's kind of fun, and no one would likely guess that it's a Space Jam toy, especially in a few years when the movie is completely forgotten.

I looked at it, and thought it should be fine. The figure wasn't six inch scale (or 1/12 as they call it). It looked small enough to be the same scale as GI Joe, Star Wars, and the other figures that I'm planning to put on my Ankletown Station.

So, I bought it, took it to my car, ripped open the package and threw it away. Then I went to Five Below, which was right next door, and looked inside. They had a couple of Star Wars figures there for super cheap, so I thought I'd get them to add to my station as well. DJ from The Last Jedi and Princess Leia from The Empire Strikes Back joined the denizens of Ankletown Station.

When I put those figures down next to LeBron, however, I noticed a problem.

I know LeBron is a basketball player, so he's gonna be taller than a regular guy, but this is a little much. Unless DJ and Leia are hobbits, then something isn't right in the scale. He looks like Andre the Giant next to the others.

Crap, why did I rip the package up and throw it away? I need to return this guy, but I think I'm too late for that. I guess maybe I could sell him on eBay. Or I could also pop his head off and make TikTok videos with it. I think those are my two options.

Wait! There may be a third option. Rish suggested that I pop the head off, and put some kind of alien head on in its place, then it won't be so weird that it's larger, because it's not human. It could just be a large alien. That's not a bad idea. I think that'll have to be the way I take it. Now I just need to figure out what will be it's alien head.

Looking online, I saw a guy who goes by the name Utinniii post a custom version of a Final Faction guy on the Rebel Scum message board.

That's one of those alien backpack accessories repurposed into a head.

Maybe that's the way I could go. I guess it's better than it going to waste. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: