Sunday, September 15, 2024

Halloween Decorations Post #1

I finished getting all the Halloween decorations up in my study the other day, and I'm kind of proud of myself for doing it. I know that sounds very Millennial of me to be proud of doing something basic or useless, but it's been several years since I managed to drum up the wherewithal to achieve the task. 

I have a huge plastic tote filled with Halloween stuff, so taking all the regular toys down and replacing them with the Halloween ones is actual pretty time consuming. I made sure to start all the way back in August so that I would get them up with enough time to actually enjoy them before I had to take them down again.

I took pictures of it all, and I figured I'd share them with y'all over the next month and a half as we build up to Halloween. It'll take that long to show all the pictures, there are so many.

I thought I'd start with the Skull Face Squad. I've been building this bunch up for years, and documenting each acquisition on the blog for you, though almost none of them have had any time on the shelf yet, due to my laziness for the last few years. Let's see what we've got. 

First is an old-timer. This is Reaper. He's been on the shelf since around 2018 or maybe even 2017. I found him at Five Below when you could still find worthwhile stuff there for five bucks, back before the dark times, before the inflation.

In case you were wondering, the pumpkin is a Halloween addition too. I don't usually have pumpkins on my shelf. The Coke thermal detonators and the bounty hunters stay up year round, however.

Now there's this group. I put them together because they all look like fantasy/sword and sorcery kind of characters. The two on the right are He-Man guys, Scare Glow and Skelegod (which is what Skeletor morphed into in the Netflix cartoon that I never watched). The ones on the left are from Fortnite and The Witcher.

This next one is a Marvel Legends figure...I forgot his name, but looking it up, it is D'Spayre. I guess he was the villain in the second season of the Cloak and Dagger TV show. I never watched season two. Season one wasn't all that good, so I never bothered to go on. The ghostly zombie sorceress next to him is called Shadow Weaver, and she is from the She-Ra show. She's not part of the Skull Face Squad, but I figured I'd introduce you to her now, rather than show the picture again in another post in the future. It's a good figure, and a pretty good design for a character. I really like the way she looks. Sexy, hot zombie sorceress Orko woman? Yes please.

This guy is from Fortnite too, but I can't remember his name either. I think it might be Voyager. Oh, almost. The internet says he is called Eternal Voyager. He's a guy in a space suit, and his normal head is just that...like a helmet or whatever. I was interested in the alternate head that is a skull floating in blue flames. That's pretty badass. I wanted him for my Skull Face Squad.

Here we have the Skullies who look like high-tech warriors, guys in space armor, but with skull-faced helmets or whatever. The first one is the Taskmaster from Marvel. He's been around since the beginning like The Reaper. The other two are Fortnite guys. The gold one is a particular favorite. He's pretty cool looking. Notice, of course, the pumpkin and the Scooby-Doo werewolf bad guy in the dividers above them. Those are Halloween things as well, as I'm sure you notice.

These are the last ones. They're the modern mercenary-looking guys. The guy in the middle is Crossbones, the Captain America villain. To the left of him is a Fortnite guy called Warpaint. He almost seems like a ripoff of Crossbones, doesn't he? Same general idea, slightly different look. The guy on the right is called Metal Mouth, I think. He's also Fortnite, though he's pretty cool, and I think he would fit in easily on the shelf with all of the Cobras in their never ending quest for world domination.

So, there you go. That's post number one for the Halloween decorations. I won't be back tomorrow with more, but I will be back with more eventually. A couple of times a week, probably. I don't want to overdo it on you guys and make the two people who actually look at the blog decide to stop, so I'll keep it at that level.

No comments: