Thursday, September 19, 2024

Halloween Decorations Post #2

I have a bunch of orange lights for Halloween, but I didn't bother putting them up on the shelves. They just don't seem right for Halloween. I put up lights for Christmas every year, because that is basically intrinsic to the holiday, but lights and Halloween are not so married. Companies have been trying to make it that way, but nobody's really buying.

You can get away with lights for Halloween on a smaller basis, though. I used to have a string of ghosts that lit up from inside, and I hung them up on the shelf. Those lights don't work anymore, though. I chucked them out this year, and replaced them with these lights instead.

It's little orange pumpkins with lights in them. They're not amazing. The ghosts were better, because they lit up much more, but these will do. You don't see them as well when it isn't dark, but that's fine.

You can see how hard it is to see them from afar, but in real life, rather than a photo, it works better.

They string around the room going across the same shelf line.

I'm thinking about getting a new set of ghosts too, and if I do, I'll put them along the ceiling line. That'll be cool, but I don't know if I want to spend the $12 that it would take to get them.

No comments: