Monday, September 9, 2024

R2-SHW

I got a new droid the other day.

I saw it on Amazon for a much lower price than they've been asking recently. It used to be $25 if you wanted this droid. I guess nobody was buying, though. When I looked the other day, it was at $11.70. That's not an amazing price, and for most Star Wars guys, I'd still pass, but I want more and more droids. As many droids as I can get. So, I jumped at the chance to get this new different droid for what amounts to a reasonable price.

He's a little unusual. I think he needs a black wash to bring out the details, especially in the red parts. I like the different look, though.

He also comes with the camera thing on the top of his head that he can use to look around with in case he gets dumped into a Dagobah swamp or something. That pops out if you push in the center third leg.

You can spin it around to make it look in different directions, but I don't think I like it much, because it's not attached. It will fall out if he turns upside down, or just tips over or something. I suspect that I will lose the thing sooner or later. I think I'll leave the third leg out permanently to try to make sure that doesn't happen.

I gotta stop buying Star Wars guys if they're more than Ross prices. I think I will make an official pledge right now that from here on out, unless there's some very special circumstances, I will not buy Star Wars Vintage Collection figures anywhere other than Ross.

No comments: