Monday, March 14, 2022

A New Idea

I have this old Halo Master Chief twelve inch figure that I bought a long time ago in an attempt to create a kitbashed hybrid figure. I made a Cheap Toy Hunting video about it back when I was doing my toy channel on YouTube.

The other day, I was looking at the headless body that was sitting in the bottom of one of my toy boxes...

And I got an idea. I'm not really a Halo fan. I've never played the game or anything. But maybe I could modify this guy.

I have a twelve inch scale Spider-man, Iron Man, and Captain America that all came with unmasked heads. What if I put one of those heads onto this guy, and painted him up red, white, and blue a la Iron Patriot? Then I could put him up on the shelves around the Fourth of July, and he'd look really cool.

Then I remembered that I've seen these twelve inch Halo guys at Five Below. I could get one for each of the three heads, and make the Freedom Force...or the Liberty Lads...OK, it needs some work still.

I thought I'd get one of each style that they had at Five Below, so that each guy had unique armor, but when I got there, they only had the blue one left.

It would have to do. I got two, and I thought I'd either paint them differently...or not. But the heads would be different, at least.

I can just see these guys all star-spangled and striped, holding big American flags on the shelf. I think it's gonna look pretty good, what do you think?

No comments: