Wednesday, March 23, 2022

You Got A Deal

There's these Fortnite astronaut-looking figures that they put out a little while ago. For some reason, I think they're really cool, and I'd love to get them, but I don't really have a reason to get them.

Where would I put them? I guess maybe they could fit in with Star Wars guys or possibly Guardians of the Galaxy, but only if there was some large display, like maybe the cantina or Jabba's palace that they could be background extras in.

Also, they come in a two pack, and it costs $50, which is way above what I usually pay for things. It has to be a pretty special thing for me to splurge that big. Maybe if it was on sale or something...

Well, guess what I found yesterday:

That's right, the astronaut couple is on sale for 70% off. Now that's a deal I just can't pass up.

Now that I own them, though, what could I do with them. Well, the first thing I did for fun was pop their heads off, and see how all the heads in my spare head container looked wearing an astronaut's suit. Then I had it. I know what I could do with these two.

 

You guessed it, they're going on my Halloween shelves come October.

Unfortunately, on the female body the skull head is too big to fit the dome over top of it. Siona has a tiny head. Then again, she doesn't need to breath anymore, she's dead. I guess It looks fine if I leave it off.

I think I want to do multiple black washes on them to really grunge the suits up and make them look like they've been neglected long enough to house a skeleton inside. I suppose some additional weathering wouldn't hurt either. I'm excited to see how they turn out.

No comments: