Wednesday, March 23, 2022

What's So Civil About This Warrior Anyway?

My wife made an eBay account once, years ago, to buy something for...someone, I can't remember, might have been me, but I don't think it was. She got that Christmas present, and then promptly forgot that she'd ever created the account.

However, she never unclicked that box that says "Yes, send me a shit ton of spam emails all of the time, at least one a day please!" So, we've been getting spam from eBay to the email she used for the account ever since.

Recently, however, those spam emails included an offer for $10 off of any purchase that we made using the eBay app. I ignored those for a long time, but then I realized that I could get a figure for almost free if I used it.

I tried to log in, had to do the forgot password thing, and at last got through and ordered me a figure that only cost $15. So, I was charged $5 for it. It came today. This is the Civil Warrior figure, and you know what I'll be doing with it around the Fourth of July.

No comments: