Thursday, March 24, 2022

Painting Update

I spent a little more time today, painting on my Fourth of July specialty armor that I mentioned a few weeks ago. It's getting better, but still needs more coats, I think. Still not a solid red in some spots. That dark grey color is hard to cover over.

While I was at it, I got out an old Fortnite figure that I was trying to repaint into a Fourth of July-themed guy a few years ago. I really kind of butchered that one, but I sanded his face, and I'm going to see if I can repair the damage, plus finish it the rest of the way.

I like the way the new red looks a lot more than the old dark one that I had on it before. I haven't even started painting on the white yet. This guy still needs a lot of work, I suppose.

Speaking of work, I added some more to my plate, because I found this Fortnite guy at Ross, and I thought he could be great standing beside this guy as part of the Freedom Avengers...or Liberty and Justice League...anyway, I thought some judiciously applied red, white and blue could make this guy really cool.

I could make the yellow white, leave the red...maybe add some more of it here and there...and put some large swaths of blue, and this guy could be pretty neat, right?

No comments: