Monday, March 7, 2022

King of the Frost

Jeez, I've spent a lot of money on toys lately. I don't feel too bad, because I got most of them from Ross at clearance-type prices, but I probably need to dial it back a little. It just seems to be a weird moment when everything that's been hanging around for a while has suddenly started showing up on Ross' shelves.

Well, I took it up a notch today. I'm surprised that I did this, because I almost never do, but check out what I got today:

Yeah, that is going to make the Christmas display cool, right? It's the Endless Winter Batman (a Batman wearing a long parka!) and the Frost King.

Frost King was the big baddie from a recent DC Comics crossover event. I tried to read it, so that I could at least say I know the story that he comes from, but it wasn't all that good, and it didn't keep me entertained. 

Frost King is also what they call in the toy industry a build-a-figure. You get a portion of the figure packed in with each figure in a wave of toys, and if you buy them all, you can assemble the whole build-a-figure. 

In my life, I have only done this twice. One of them, I eventually sold on eBay, the other is one of my prize possessions:

Thing is, it costs a lot to get all the figures in one wave, so I don't do it, because I can't afford it. But I was just too tempted with the Frost King.

At least with this guy, the whole wave was only four figures, instead of the six or eight that it is with Marvel Legends.

I bought all four of the figures, and I'm going to sell three of the four on eBay to make as much of the money that I wasted back.

It'll be so fun come Christmas time. I've got a Santa Claus action figure on order, and I think I will make him doing battle with the Frost King. I think it could look pretty rad. Can't wait.

I set him up in front of my computer monitor with a nice winter shot behind him and took a few pictures. I needed a light on him though, but I didn't want to go all out and do a full on photo shoot, so I left the lights in the closet. These shots aren't bad, right?





No comments: