Saturday, April 29, 2023

Soooooo Cute!

I know many people hate ewoks, because they're just teddy bears come to life, and they think that has no place in Star Wars. I can understand that, considering that I feel the same about battle droids, Babu Frik, Jedi celibacy, midichlorians, gungans, Vice-Admiral Holdo's prom dress that she wore for the whole movie, the First Order, Bor Gullet, those tick beasts that Anakin rode on while wooing Padme, CG Tarkin, the Holdo maneuver, the Book of Boba Fett, Dexter Jettster, babies being trained as Jedis, the stupid Mod kids in the Book of Boba Fett, Canto Bight, and dozens more things.

However, I like what I like. So, when I saw this at the store the other day, I dropped everything and bought it.

Look at that little guy! Isn't he darling! I've waited a long time to get me some ewoks in Black Series. Up until now, I only had one measly ewok. Now I have two measly ewoks. As usual, I couldn't wait until I got home to pull it out of the package.

It's a really good figure. I think it looks great. Although I can't help but complain about the price. He's not even half-size for a 4-inch figure, much less the 6-inch figures that he shares a toy line with.

Yet they still want to charge full-price for this minifigure. When there's a figure that's larger than usual, they don't charge the same. They make sure to charge extra, but when he's little, no change.

I suppose that's all my fault, though. I bought it after all. I voted with my dollar for this figure to cost the same. I guess I like ewoks too much, so I'm willing to pay a premium for them. Silly. I need to grow up and grow a backbone, I guess.

Anyway, here's my massive ewok collection in all its glory.

They're re-releasing Paploo this summer some time as well. He was previously only available in a special box set that included lots of figures and I couldn't afford. I can't wait till he comes along, and I can expand my ewoks to three!

Maybe I should buy a bunch of them and repaint them into other colors so they look like different ewoks, and expand my collection even more. That would be cool, so I probably won't be doing that.

No comments: