Friday, April 21, 2023

Vexillolilolilology

I don't know if I've talked about this kind of stuff enough on this blog or on podcasts, but I love flags. I love cool flags. I love flag designs.

I collect flags, but to avoid having a crap ton of folded flags in a closet, I only collect flags for states or coutnries in which I've lived...or a member of my family has lived. 

I've always dug flags, but after seeing Roman Mars Ted Talk about flag design, I've only grown to love them more, and particularly to root for the bad ones to get replaced with better ones.

So, the other day I stumbled upon this video that talks flags, and even talks about a re-design that managed to actually get past all the people who fight against change and fight for keeping their crappy designs just because that's what they've always had, and I wanted to share it with you. Here you are, a pretend vexillology class.

No comments: