Monday, April 17, 2023

How's The Weather?

Last week, I showed off some pictures that some people had shared of their own repaints of some of the ships from the Lightyear movie. I said that I ought to get working on weathering some of my own ships and see how they look. Mostly I don't bother to actually ever do anything, but this time around, I went for it. So, here we go.

I decided I would start with these two ships. First up was the XL-07 on the right. With watered down black paint for a wash and dry-brushed silver enamel, I turned that ship into this:

Here's a side-by-side before-and-after shot, since I actually have two of those ships.

Now it was time to do the other one. I used the same method, and now the two ships match.

Here's another side-by-side with this ship too:

What do you think? Pretty good? I really like the way they look. I want to get after weathering all the rest, and maybe making the first bits of a space station. Maybe I could make the Valkyrie headquarters for all these ships to dock at.

No comments: