Sunday, May 31, 2009

What I'm Listening To Today - Regina Spektor


I have been listening to Ben Folds for the last little while. He has a duet on his most recent album. The song is "You Don't Know Me," and Regina Spektor is the artist that joins him on the track. I enjoyed the track so much, especially Spektor's contribution, that I felt I should look her up and give her music a chance.

Spektor was born in the USSR in 1980. Her family is Jewish, an ethnicity that is not treated kindly and fairly in that region (just ask Stalin what he thinks of Jews). So when perestroika came along, they used the chance to emigrate to, by way of several other countries, America.

So far, I find her music to be cool. Here's the Ben Folds duet:



As well as the tracks from her most recent album.



Check it out, and see if you like it as well.

No comments: