Saturday, March 26, 2011

We're Sorry...

I guess this hasn't happened enough times to me for me to learn. I just spent fifteen minutes writing a long, encouraging comment to Lizanne Herd on her blog. I mean long, the blog entry I was commenting on was probably a third as long as my comment was, or less. Then, when I hit publish, Blogger said, "We're sorry, but we were unable to process your request." My comment wasn't published, I didn't think to copy it to the clipboard before trying to submit it, so it's just gone, and I don't have the strength to try to write it again. Maybe if I record myself speaking the same thoughts and send it that way, should take less time at least...

2 comments:

spaceVulture said...

That's happened to me more than a few times. It frustrates me to no end. I usually just give up and don't rewrite it. You're a better man than me Big Anklevich.

Rish Outfield said...

I got you. When I was with the Marines, one of the guys in my COBB had a laptop, and I borrowed it to write a letter home to my folks, telling them what the experience had been like and what we had done so far and how we couldn't get up at five so the Sgt. said we had to get up at 4:30 instead. I spent about a half an hour writing it, and when I hit "Send" it didn't go anywhere. The guy whose laptop it was said you had to stand at the very end of the tent to get an internet signal, so I went over there to try it again, and the computer had erased the whole email.