Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ain't That The Way It Is?

Just last week, I told you all about how I was planning on running my first marathon this year. I went out and hit the streets, running two miles a day last Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. I ran one more time on Monday morning, and then, as life always seems to be, Wham! I got flattened by a mean cold.

Don't know how much it's going to affect my preparation. After all, it is pretty early in the process. I do know that colds tend to completely destroy a person's cardiovascular fitness though. One day, you could be cruising along easily through a ten mile run, then you get a cold, and the next time you run, you're huffing, puffing, and gasping and finally have to walk the last 250 yards of your one mile run.

I'm hoping I can pick up where I left off, especially since I only just started, and one week isn't a lot of time to build up any kind of stamina. I'm definitely not going to let it stop me though.

1 comment:

Bria Burton said...

Life happens! Recovery is important for illness or injury, so don't worry about where you were. Let yourself heal. You've got time :)