Friday, May 2, 2014

Weigh-in Day #12

Okay, I am determined to get this post out on time this week. So, I'm going to plunge ahead, damn the consequences...okay, that's not true. But I will find the time. Here it goes.

Let's see...last week, I was in a bit of a flux.  I was trying to implement my new eating program, and failing miserably at it.  But I was also starting to kick my exercising up to full blast.  On Friday of last week, I weighed this:

And that was me sort of holding steady, despite eating badly and too much.  From Friday through Tuesday this trend continued.  I had made the resolution to get back to it with fervor by Monday, but we hadn't done any grocery shopping, so when Monday came, I had nothing to eat.  Instead, I wound up eating fast food and other unhealthy choices.

My wife shopped, and at last I was able to put together some healthy meals.  But I didn't get started on that until Wednesday.  So, my weight for this week reflects only a small amount of what I hope will be in store with me from here on out.

I ran five days last week out of seven, fulfilling my exercise goals.  As I've said before on this blog, I've gotta get going on training for the marathon, or else I won't be ready by the time it arrives.  I started making a marathon training video, like the videos that I did for my quest to 500 miles, and that inspired me to keep at it.  When I can add new shots to the movie each day, that's fun and interesting, and keeps me motivated.  For anyone who is having trouble with motivation, I'd recommend that.  Everyone loves inspiring videos of people losing weight and achieving goals.

In fact, here's a preview of my movie.  It's the first bit that I've worked on.  Only about thirty seconds, and the movie may change considerably before I'm done, but check it out and tell me what you think.

So, now on to the point.  My weigh-in.  So, with a week of good exercise, and two days of good eating, here's what I weighed this morning:

So, that's down 2.2 lbs.  It is encouraging, since I only ate like I was supposed to for two days this week.  If I can assemble seven days, what might I have to look forward to then?  Hmmm...

Okay, so how is everyone else doing?  Most everyone seemed to be stalled like I was.  Tena? Did you break the 140 barrier?  Marshal?  Are you back on track?  Going back down where you should be?  What are you doing for your weight loss program? Anyone else still out there and trying?

5 comments:

Tena said...

Well... I didn't lose any weight. I mean, I was back to 140.8, so I lost 1 pound. But I did find out why I haven't been losing anything the past 2-3 weeks... turns out that, uh, I have a tiny person taking up residence. So... Yeah. Shh, it's kind of a secret. I haven't been sick yet, but previous experience tells me I will lose about 5 pounds in the next 7-8 weeks.

Anyway, I'm still going to get my remaining 203 miles in for the year, and I am going to continue to check in to keep myself accountable for exercising regularly. I won't be reporting specific numbers (weight), but I will report my miles and workouts for the week, and whether I've managed to maintain a reasonably healthy diet. I refuse to let pregnancy kick my ass (again) so I am going to exercise and be fit and hopefully come out of it healthier than now, though now I am actually healthier and stronger than when I got pregnant the last two times.

This week I only got in 5 miles and will add another 1.5 today (possibly 3, if I am up to a run/walk after work). I did do another Bikini Body Mommy workout (day 4), and plan to do those as I can, or find some pregnancy friendly thing as I get further along, as well as more regular yoga.

Journey Into... said...

I did better this week. My wife switched her weigh-in day for me so that helps us stay more in synch meal-wise. I think I am going to try out a modified Body-For_life program where I alternate excercise and weight training throughout the week as well as only eat really good foods. and then have one day off each week where I can eat whatever I like. I have done this sucessfully before. The key is to be very good all week and to put in the work. It helps knowing you will have a day off where you can eat the bad stuff. It's funny though, what happenes is that you start to be less and less gratuitous on your days off, because it brings your energy levels down and you don't feel as good as you do throughout the week. The true Body-For-Life program has a list of foods that you should not deviate from. I may not go that strict. Anyway, I feel more motivated this week.

Big Anklevich said...

Cool, Tena. Congratulations! And definitely don't give up. Being pregnant doesn't have to kill your fitness plans. My wife was doing crossfit workouts up to her eighth month of pregnancy. I think the real key is sticking with the exercise as long as you can and making sure you get back to it as soon as possible.

Keep at it, Marshal. You'll get there.

Tena said...

Thanks! I'm glad you told me that your wife was doing that til her 8th month, that makes me feel a lot more confident about continuing with harder stuff.

Josh said...

Hi Big, I have been using MyFitnessPal for the past 90 days and it's been great. it is a really easy/free way to keep track of your calories and exercise. you can even use the smartphone app to scan bar codes off of packages that you buy and it will put in the serving size and everything. I've lost 47 pounds in that time, because unlike every other time i've tried to lose weight and didn't, i actually am logging all the food. It's easy, your body uses so many calories a day to live, so if you eat at a deficit you'll lose. i'm currently at 1800 a day, but can eat more if i exercise. Anyway- don't know if you've heard of the app but it's awesome, i highly recommend it!