Friday, February 27, 2015

Fitness Challenge 2015 #2

Okay, it's weigh-in day #4. My goals that I made in my spreadsheet require me to be down four pounds per week. I had a couple of weeks above four, however, so I was already a pound and a half above my goal.

Weigh-ins for the contest are kind of weird, because I have to do them at work. Usually I weigh myself on the way into the shower, so I don't have the weight of my clothes included in the total. It leaves me a little screwed up all the time, because I'm weighing myself at home and then at work, and the numbers are different, and I get confused.

But anyway, I came to work today...went to the bathroom and evacuated everything to make sure I weighed as little as possible...and then I went to the scale. I hopped on, watched the number appear and smiled. I'd made it under the goal I'd set earlier when I'd made my spreadsheet, a pound and a half under that goal! When I entered the total into my spreadsheet, I discovered that I'd lost exactly four pounds. So, I'd nailed my goal in both cases.

I'm pretty happy about the progress. Since I started trying, I hit my goal or exceeded it every week. I moved from last place, to tenth, and then to fifth. I've lost 13.6 pounds, and my overall weight-loss percentage is 4.51.

Last week's leader was at 4.22. So, my percentage puts me ahead of what he was at last week. Unfortunately, I'm sure he lost more weight this week. Moving up the charts from here on out is going to be pretty difficult.

I'm not going to go all "everybody wins, because every one is special" on you or anything, but if I don't win, I won't be upset, because this contest is just the beginning for me. The race is against me and me alone. The others involved are just along for the ride to give me motivation, because I do like a little competition.

And so far, it's working.

No comments: