Friday, December 6, 2019

Is There A Problem Here?

They did a big gingerbread event at work where several people made some cool Houston space related gingerbread creations. Once they were done, they left the houses to sit in the office until the segment finally aired. They sat back there, smelling really good for about two weeks. Luckily, my desk wasn't close to the table they sat on. One time, I went over to the person whose desk was right next to the gingerbread creations, and I had to comment that I didn't know how she could do it. It smelled like a bakery over there.

There were some pretty cool creations, like this gingerbread rocket:


Or this space shuttle, burning its way toward that planet on a board covered in black icing:


Those are really cool. There were a few other things as well...another space shuttle, and a few houses too. They sat for a long time, and finally, the segment aired on TV, and it was okay to dispose of the evidence. In the case of gingerbread, that means putting it out and giving the staff the green light to eat them. They took them over to the break room, and left them out for consumption.

Most of them made it intact, except for this one:


Yup, I gotta say it, "Houston, we have a problem."


The wings did not transport very well.

I couldn't help myself. I had to say that this shuttle must have been named Columbia. There must have been a loose tile, and now the gingerbread shuttle has burned up on re-entry.

Hmmm, is that tasteless to say? You can't say that it's too soon, for sure, but is it tasteless still? Is it like those jokes the other kids and I told in sixth grade about the Christa McAuliffe? I think I'm probably safe considering it's been sixteen years, but still...it probably tasted good.

No comments: