Sunday, May 3, 2020

April Ends And May Begins

Okay, April is over. Here's my writing totals for the month:


I have been at this writing goal for a pretty long while now, since the end of October of 2019. I am officially beyond the halfway mark of the year. In fact, if you look on the April chart above, the 26th of April is shaded a different color. That was the exact halfway mark.

My goal is 300,000 words for the year, and the way I planned things, I should be able to reach that in ten months. I gave myself two months of leeway at the start to get into the habit, and I didn't get a lot of words written on those months, because I was still not used to writing every day, and kept forgetting to do so.

So, you would think, if I had two relatively weak months, then I shouldn't be passing the halfway point of my goal before the actual halfway point of the year, but that has not been the case. As I said a few posts ago, I hit the 150,000 mark on Sunday the 19th, a full week before the halfway day arrived.

Progress has been coming along pretty well. I'm really happy with how things are going. Here's my full year's worth of charts:




My only goal for April was to get more words than I did in March. I've managed to get more words every single month so far.

October: 2764
November: 11545
December: 12574
January: 32194
February: 33603
March: 34702
April: 37668

That's pretty awesome, and it makes me feel pretty confident in myself. Right now, a whole lot of things in my life are just a big dumpster fire, but the writing is steady, and I don't worry about it at all.

This month could have been really bad, because there was that point in the month where I had to switch from one project that I had finished to starting another project. That's always hard, because I feel that lack of preparation. But when I finished my last Christmas story, called "Crossing the Globe" I just moved into my novel idea of "The Gauntlet." I did a lot of preproduction for it last year, so I was ready to go.

I'm going to continue with my goal of expanding my total each month, so I'm hoping to beat 37668. Each month of improvement makes the order a little taller to beat it, so hopefully I can still manage. Maybe I can manage to turn the other things around, and put out the dumpster fire. We'll see how it all goes.

No comments: