Thursday, November 26, 2020

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends (sorry, Canadians, I missed your Thanksgiving. And I guess you Brits, Irish, Aussies, and Kiwis just don't even get one, do you?).

My wife made an absolutely beautiful lemon meringue pie for Thanksgiving today. I’ve never been much of a fan of lemon meringue pie, in my opinion it tastes like a tin can, but I gotta admit its perty.

That pie was made with lemons off our tree in our backyard. I think that's probably why my wife chose that particular flavor, because I can't remember her ever making one before. She also made a pumpkin cheesecake and a custard rhubarb pie to go with the lemon meringue.

The night before, she brined our turkey too. She put orange peels and all sorts of froufrou in with it, and then thought it looked so pretty that she had to take a picture of it.


We didn't have anyone over. It's 2020, so unless you want a SWAT team busting through your door with guns drawn you better not have a gathering. We don't have any family or friends within driving distance anyway. We still had all sorts of great food to chow down on.



Despite the shit show that this year has been, "like Yakov Smirnoff opening for Spin Doctors at the Iowa State Fair kind of shit show,” there are still always things to be thankful for. Having a great meal with all my kids around is definitely one of them. So, I'm giving thanks.

No comments: