Sunday, March 6, 2022

A Toy Fiesta

Fortnite four inch figures have these things they call Loot Piñatas. I guess llamas are kind of a thing in Fortnite and also piñatas, I don't know. Maybe I should try playing the game someday.

Anyway, they're piñatas filled with crap for your action figures like guns and backpacks and even building supplies, because I guess building forts is also a thing in Fortnite?

Anyway, I saw one at Ross that came with a figure that I would like to have, so I thought I'd give it a shot, and I bought it.

I've had an Ice Dragon for a while that McFarlane toys made for its seven inch line of Fortnite guys, but I thought it might be cooler with a four inch guy instead of a seven inch one. The dragon would look much larger. So, I gave it a shot.

I do like it a lot. I have a Mythic Legions figure on order that I was planning to put on the dragon's back, but now it might have some competition. 

I never wanted the dragon to have a Fortnite figure on its back, because I don't play Fortnite. I thought it would be cooler if it was a mix of toy lines, and therefore its own thing. But this might stick around. We'll see.

Also, one of the things the piñata came with were the pieces to build a clock tower. I put it together and was pretty impressed. It's really big.

That's my Marvel Legends Hulkbuster next to it to give you some idea of scale. Hulkbuster has to be about ten inches tall. The clock tower is almost two feet tall. Seems to me, with some small amount of weathering, it could look really cool, and be a nice addition to some sort of diorama.

It's definitely made for four inch scale though. Here's a six inch Venom inside it, and he just doesn't fit.

I think I probably won't keep the tower. I'll probably see if I can sell it on eBay. It's really cool, and somebody who would use it for something should have it, since I don't really have a place for it.

Like Woody taught us, toys need to be played with.

No comments: