Sunday, April 10, 2022

Obsessed

 I was looking on Instagram on Friday, and I happened upon this picture.

I was absolutely blown away by this shot. The level of detail in it was amazing, but not only that. I also loved the colors, the lighting, the whimsy, the combination of figures from all sorts of universes, and the many custom figures that combined universes or were completely original.

I scrolled and scrolled through the guy's posts, spending all of my free time looking at what he presented to the world. Some of my favorites:

He's created this space in his house that he calls Rotgut Station. He's made a huge playset filled with buildings, then added to the background, covering the walls and even the ceiling.

I thought I'd check to see if he had any YouTube videos about his creation, and he sure did.

Here's a video tour of Rotgut Station.

Here he is giving part one of the history behind its creation.

If you know me, then you can probably guess what I'm thinking now. I want to do something like this. I look around my study right now and feel like it's inadequate. Wouldn't it be cooler if it was something more like Rotgut Station?

Up until now, I've always felt like my toy display was superior to the crap that I see other collectors post in pictures, but this guy is a million light years ahead of me. I don't know if it's possible for me to do something like that, though. I'll have to ponder on that for a while, and see what I might be able to do because I am obsessed now.

No comments: