Tuesday, January 10, 2023

We've Got It Covered

Okay, okay, one more. I helped Rish make a cover for his story "Not the Same." It's about a set of identical twins that one day are not quite identical anymore. Rish gave me a few options for the picture, and this is what I chose to go with.


I had fun with it, bringing in one of Rish's cover designs, and using the eyedropper to match the color to that green that he uses for everything. Why not, right? It could be his brand.

After finishing, I sent it to him and said, "here you go, eat your heart out." Immediately after that, I started second guessing myself. I just really didn't like it. I didn't like where the author name was on the picture, and I didn't like the font for the author name anymore either. It just looked way too hard to see. 

One of the things they say that is very important is to design your book so that you can read the important stuff even when its the tiny little thumbnail of the book cover, and you sure couldn't with that font. So, I took another stab at it. I chose a totally different picture option with more dark space to put the words in, so they would stand out better. Here's the final version.

I like it a lot more, and I suspect you'll see it on Rish's Amazon page soon.

No comments: