Monday, March 6, 2023

Wanda Zombie

A while back I did a post about finding the zombie Iron Man figure from the most recent What If... wave of Marvel Legends, how cool it would be with the zombie Captain America I got back in 2021, and I said that I'd probably get the Scarlet Witch zombie to make the whole squad (at least the whole squad that they've produced so far).

Well, that turned out not to be as easy as I thought. One day, every Target had at least five copies of the figure, but as soon as I decided that I wanted it after all, they were all gone. I couldn't find that Scarlet Witch figure anywhere I went.

I don't have as much of a taste for wandering the whole city going from one Walmart to another and one Target to another. My love for the hunt waxes and wanes, particularly on whether the hunts are moderately successful or not. So, each time I went out looking for Scarlet Witch, it didn't take long for me to be discouraged and just head home rather than making the whole circuit.

Well, yesterday, I finally went to a particular Walmart that I haven't been to in a while, and, although their selection of Marvel Legends was similarly poor as the other Walmarts and Targets I've visited recently, they did have that Scarlet Witch, so I grabbed it.

Here's the usual in the car picture:

I'm excited for when Halloween comes and I get Captain America out of that box to put him next to my Iron Man and Scarlet Witch. It's going to be a zombie Avengers. I really hope they make more of them. I'd like a Hulk, a Thor, a Hawkeye, and a Black Widow...were all of those zombies in the What If... show. I can't remember...I just looked it up, and apparently only Hawkeye was a zombie in that show. Oh well, what I've got is cool enough.

By the way, Rish thinks I'm an idiot for purchasing this figure at full price...especially since full price has risen $5 in the past year...because he said he just found one at half price this week. Of course, I had to counter with the fact that, owing to the fact that it took six stores before I could finally find one that had the figure, I could definitely not expect it to be on clearance anywhere around here.

I have sworn to only buy toys at Ross or on sale in the future at least a dozen times after finding something I'd bought at full price there for half off or more. But for some reason I always backslide and buy them at full price when I find them. I get that FOMO, assuming that I'll look back and think, "I had that figure in my hand, and I put it back." And I haven't seen Scarlet Witch anywhere for a while.

I suppose I might find it at Ross, because I'm sure they don't get their merchandise from the stores nearby, but rather nationally, but with this particular figure, I didn't want to risk it, becuase I really wanted to have the zombie Avengers. I'll change my mind and curse fate when I find it on the shelf on Ross next year though, I'm sure.

No comments: