Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Skeleton Crew Expands

I can't even remember why I was looking on Amazon for Fortnite guys the other day...I suppose because I have a fever, and the only cure is more cow bell...but I saw that the price on the Skull Ranger Loot Piñata had been lowered, and I could get it for about $5 less than I'd seen it.

I've been wanting a Skull Ranger ever since I discovered that they had produced one. I bought four Skull Troopers from Ross back around Halloween time to put up on the shelves.

When I found that there was a girl one too, I was like, I gotta have that.

So, I bought the piñata. And it really is a piñata.

You could hang it up, and bash it with a bat to set the contents free if you wanted to, and to tell you the truth, I probably should have done that. I should have tried to make it fun. Life's short, why not open your loot piñata like that.

Well, one reason is the clean up. It's full of little packages with toys inside of them, but it's also full of confetti. I tried my best to open the thing without making a big mess, but I still had to pick ten to fifteen pieces of confetti off the ground. There were hundreds in the box, though, so I did pretty good.

Here's the Skull Ranger:

She looks pretty good...by herself, and with the group.

She didn't come with a scythe like the others, but since one of these things is not like the others to begin with, it doesn't hurt to give her the gun. These are going to be cool come Halloween.

I have some McFarlane seven inch scale Skull Troopers too.

I wanted to get a girl to go with them, but they never made one, neither McFarlane (which didn't last as long) nor Jazwares who did the slightly smaller six inch scale figures. Not too long ago, I saw this wrestling figure, and decided to grab it. 

Eventually, when I finally get around to it, I'm going to paint a skeleton onto that empty black outfit, and give her a skull face too. I'm nervous to paint on her face though. If I screw it up, I don't know if I have the skill to give her new eyes or anything, so we'll see. I guess I have to go for it one way or another. If I ruin it, what will I have lost. I don't put wrestling figures on my shelf, so it won't be going up there if it's not painted.

No comments: