Friday, July 1, 2022

The Skeleton Crew Expands

I was talking with Rish on the phone the other day while he was shopping at Ross. He was telling me what he was finding there, and I was a little jealous. First of all, he found for the second time, this Roblox figure called Noob.

At least, I think it's called Noob. It may be called Noob Attack - Mech Mobility, which is a pretty lame name, but you never know. I don't play the game, so I'm completely clueless.

There's not a lot of Roblox figures that I'd like to buy, but this is definitely one of them. It's a droid with some really fun old-fashioned styling. I've looked at a bunch of Rosses since he told me he'd found it the first time, and I've not seen anything like it, but now here he is finding it again.

A second later though, he really got my attention when he said he'd found the Jazwares six-inch Fortnite Skull Trooper. I gasped, and asked him if he would buy it for me and save it until he sends out a big package full like he often does.

He scoffed, saying that we usually see all the same things at Ross eventually, but he gave in and bought it for me.

Well, a week or so later, he was proven right. I was at Ross, and they'd received a few new Fortnite figures to put up for sale, but none of them we're ones I was interested in. Just as I was about to leave, I noticed Fortnite boxes at the very beginning of the toy section that I'd overlooked when I walked in. It was, not one, but three Skull Troopers.

"I win," I said, and went to the register and bought them all.

I've already got a few Skull Troopers, but none of them are like these. The ones I have are the seven inch scale ones produced by McFarlane Toys.

I've talked about them before on the blog (it's buried in the middle of this post about my Halloween decorations in 2020). I thought it would be rad to mix the two versions together. These guys are the biggest dudes in the group, but there's some shorter ones too.

So, here's the additions.

I decided that even though the others were buried in a storage tub somewhere, I had to find them and get a picture of them all together. So, after a little digging, here you go.

I didn't get out the big guys' weapons, just put them in the back. What do you think? Does it look good? Are the six-inch guys too short?

In my book idea that I have for these guys, I have a character planned that's much shorter than the three big ones. I named him after my friend Murray that I work with, who is also pretty short, but such a great guy all the same. Isn't it weird how you can be short and still a good person? Who'd have thought that possible? (that's a joke, don't take it personally).

Since I was in the storage tub, I also got out this WWE figure that I bought, and put her with the Skeleton Crew.

She's the Smurfette of the group, and the one who makes a bond with the little girl that they have to rescue from drug cartel thugs. 

Mostly, I just wanted to try making a girl for the Skeleton Crew, and I thought it would be easiest with this figure because she's already wearing all black. All I need to do is paint the bones on her...and give her a skull face, I suppose. That'll be the hard part. Just need to paint her face white, at least, since her platinum blond hair is basically white.

So, now I have three Skull Troopers, and Rish has one he bought for me too. I'm going to have to tell him that he was right, and that he didn't need to buy it for me after all. If he has the receipt, I'll allow him to return it, but I think I'd still like to have it. I really do love these guys, and they make great Halloween decorations. I now have them in 7-inch, 6-inch, and 4-inch scale. I wonder if they made any in that new 2-inch scale...

No comments: