Monday, February 21, 2011

Kindness Of Strangers

It wasn't too long ago that I mentioned an experience with someone flashing their lights at me to warn me of an upcoming cop doing a speeding sting. At the time, I wasn't sure why the person was flashing their high beams at me, but I had an inkling of an idea, and I slowed enough to avoid a ticket.

Today, I was going to work down this new road that just opened up by my house, when I saw a car coming towards me flashing their high beams over and over. This time I knew just what to do. I was only going about five over the speed limit, but, just to be safe, I slowed a bit more. And what do you know? Around the bend, two cop cars were laying in wait. One stood on the sidewalk with his radar gun in hand, taking readings of all the cars that passed.

Again, thanks to the kindness of a stranger, I was able to avoid a ticket. I can't wait to get a chance to pay it forward, and, unless the cops change their ways, it probably won't be long. They are endlessly laying in wait for speeders on this new road.

No comments: