Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Trot

My daughter wanted to do the Turkey Trot this morning. It's a 3.7 mile fun run/walk. Any chance I get to get my kids out and active instead of planted in front of a TV or video game console, I take. So, at 7:30 AM this Thanksgiving, I was at the starting line to run a while and earn my annual pig out dinner.

We walked mostly. My daughter is not in shape for a long run like that, but I did get her to run a bit. Of course, we had it easy. We could have been one of these guys.


Yup, that's the local firefighters, all geared out to run for nearly four miles. I'd surely not like carrying one of those tanks on my back for a run like that. Firefighters are studs.

1 comment:

spaceVulture said...

You and your daughter being up that early for a run when 99% are still in bed or lazing watching the parade makes you studs too. Good on you and your daughter!