Saturday, May 12, 2012

Irises

I'm sure posts like these are boring to some, (heck, if I hadn't written them, I might find them boring too) but there are some people out there who seem to find them worthwhile. Folks like Mandy Crum and Bosley Gravel liked them enough to comment about them in the past, so here's another flower post.

These are our irises (do you say it iris-is or iris-sees, I wonder?). They're new this year. My wife was at a friend's house, and she admired her neighbor's irises, and the woman sent her home with a bunch of plants she dug up on the spot for her. Interesting that stuff sometimes, eh?

They're very interesting flowers, purple with the yellow in the middle, and that caterpillar looking thing sticking out of the middle of it.

They took to our yard well, so it looks like we'll have a lot of irises for the years to come. We can probably look forward to many happy returns.

No comments: