Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cosplay

Each year in my town, there's the annual city celebration, complete with a parade. There's a guy who walks the parade that always has the most amazing costumes. The first time I saw him, he was dressed like this:

That's obviously not a costume that you can buy at the store. I know there are folks out there that make these kind of costumes. I've seen plenty of them at Comic-con, for example. The next year, he came with this costume:

Once again, really impressive. Now, he had become the highlight of the parade for me, and I was excited to see what he would be the next year.

Well, apparently, it was a bad year or something, because he was:

I was so disappointed. I assumed his reign of awesomeness was over.

However, yesterday was our parade, and he was back at it again. Check this one out:

In honor of the butt-kicking Avengers movies, he did a sweet Iron Man costume. I wonder what he looks like under that mask. He's never done a costume that doesn't include a full face mask. But he always rocks, even when he has to re-use a costume, and that's what matters.

4 comments:

Rish Outfield said...

At that angle, he seems pretty short for Iron Man (though RDJ is hardly a basketball player). Is he a short guy?

Big Anklevich said...

I don't think he's particularly short. I think it was just that he made the armor a little bulkier than the Halo stuff. It was thicker, so it makes him look shorter because of it.

A Wandering Imaginaut said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Wandering Imaginaut said...

Your town seems like it reeks of awesomeness, sir. I wish that my city had those types of celebrations (and talented costume creators).

Also, this may not be the right place, but I really enjoy the work that you and Rish do over at Dunesteef. Sorry about the repost...I saw what looked like a grammatical error...haha!