Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cosplay

Each year in my town, there's the annual city celebration, complete with a parade. There's a guy who walks the parade that always has the most amazing costumes. The first time I saw him, he was dressed like this:

That's obviously not a costume that you can buy at the store. I know there are folks out there that make these kind of costumes. I've seen plenty of them at Comic-con, for example. The next year, he came with this costume:

Once again, really impressive. Now, he had become the highlight of the parade for me, and I was excited to see what he would be the next year.

Well, apparently, it was a bad year or something, because he was:

I was so disappointed. I assumed his reign of awesomeness was over.

However, yesterday was our parade, and he was back at it again. Check this one out:

In honor of the butt-kicking Avengers movies, he did a sweet Iron Man costume. I wonder what he looks like under that mask. He's never done a costume that doesn't include a full face mask. But he always rocks, even when he has to re-use a costume, and that's what matters.

4 comments:

  1. At that angle, he seems pretty short for Iron Man (though RDJ is hardly a basketball player). Is he a short guy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think he's particularly short. I think it was just that he made the armor a little bulkier than the Halo stuff. It was thicker, so it makes him look shorter because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your town seems like it reeks of awesomeness, sir. I wish that my city had those types of celebrations (and talented costume creators).

    Also, this may not be the right place, but I really enjoy the work that you and Rish do over at Dunesteef. Sorry about the repost...I saw what looked like a grammatical error...haha!

    ReplyDelete