Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hoarder

Maybe this makes me weird, or maybe it's just the natural thing for a film school graduate to do, but I save all my movie ticket stubs. In fact, I save all my ticket stubs, from concerts, to the circus, to soccer and football games. I guess I think it's neat to be able to show that I was there or something. It's kind of cool to be able to look back and say at this exact moment in past, I was doing this. I can pinpoint my whereabouts twenty years ago.

I wish I'd started saving movie tickets before I ever went to film school though. I wish I could pull out my stub from some of the great films I saw as a child like Back to the Future or Ghostbusters or Brewster's Millions. Sadly, I didn't start saving them till the mid-nineties.

This weekend, I went and saw the 3D re-release of Finding Nemo. I got free tickets people, don't start accusing me of being a hypocrite. Yes, I would have preferred it if the film had been in its natural 2D state, but what are you gonna do? Anyway, in honor of that re-release, and my ticket hoarding habit, I thought I would present my ticket stub from May 31, 2003 when the movie first came out:


And this second time around:


I told my daughter that if she cried and made me have to take her out of the theater this time around like she did the last time I saw Finding Nemo, I wasn't going to be happy. She didn't think it was funny. She's ten years old now.

No comments: