Friday, March 6, 2015

Fitness Challenge 2015 #3

So, it's Friday again, which is weigh-in day.

I had a weird week this week. My mother died of colon cancer when she was 50 years old, and my doctor said that when you have a first degree relative that had colon cancer, you have to start getting colonoscopies ten years previous to when they were first diagnosed. So, now that I'm 40, it's time to start getting probed.

So, on Monday, I had my procedure. A colonoscopy is a kind of a weird operation, because you have to clear the area out before they can go in. So, I spent the weekend first on a "low-residue" diet, then a "clear juice only" diet, and lastly...well, evacuating anything that was left.

By the time I was done, I'd lost something like six or seven pounds. Unfortunately, I wasn't going to stay empty like that forever. So, the pounds came back.

Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I had moments of weakness upon arriving home from work, and wound up pigging out a little bit. Those should have been good days for me, instead, I was lucky if I broke even.

I tried really hard Thursday night to avoid that same pit that I fell into on Wednesday and Thursday, which helped a little.

So, today, when I weighed in for the contest, I was down, but only down 2.2 pounds from last week, falling nearly two whole pounds short of my four pound goal.

I had big weeks earlier on, so I was ahead of my planned overall goals, but I'm not any longer. So, this week is going to have to be a really big week. I can't have the Tuesday and Wednesday breakdowns that I had this week. To keep with my goals, I have to lose 4.4 pounds.

The percentages came out earlier this week, and I have risen all the way from last place, to tenth place, to fifth place, now to second place. I don't know if this week was enough to keep me in second,  but I hope so. I'll have to kick it up a notch this week.



My total percentage is 5.24 this week. By next week, it needs to be at 6.71.  We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.

No comments: