Friday, March 13, 2015

Fitness Challenge 2015 #4

Lost two pounds exactly this week. Some people would feel good about that, because, after all, it's progress. Other's would feel crappy about it, because, after all, my goal was four pounds, so I only got halfway there.

Me? Well, I'm sort in the middle. I don't feel bad, because I did lose, and I don't feel great, because I didn't make my goal, but I'm fine with it.

I'm not losing fast, and I'm not sure why. When You're plateaued, one of the common answers is to up your exercise to another level. That's good advice, but I'm not going to take it. Instead, I'm probably going to downgrade my exercise. I released an Anklecast yesterday where I talk about finding the right time to write. I ended up deciding that I needed to write in the evening.

I was thinking of recording an extra Anklecast this month where I talk about that. I've decided that I'm going to do it differently. Writers write, after all, that's why they call them write-ers. There was a recent blog post that, while mostly just being an a-hole on an ivory tower bloviating about how he's better than you, also called out people who complain about not having time to write. In that particular case, he's right.

Writers find time to write, they make time to write. Dreams don't come true, they're made true. I'm going to keep eating like I am now, so, I'll keep losing weight, slowly perhaps, but it'll keep happening. I'll get there eventually. I may not win the contest...then again I may. Who knows.

But what I do know is, I'll be writing. I've got a five year plan, and I need to get moving on that thing.

No comments: