Friday, July 29, 2016

Dish Rack

Our dishwasher broke recently, my wife went out and got us a nice dish drying rack, because we were going to have to do dishes by hand for a while until we had money for a new dishwasher. I was kind of surprised, because she didn't just get some cheap junky plastic rack that we could get by with. No, she bought the fanciest dish rack I'd ever seen. It seemed like she was planning on doing dishes by hand for quite a while. I mean, it was the Cadillac of dish racks.


My daughter, my twelve-year-old daughter, listened to me comment about this strange fact for a moment, and finally interrupted.

"Dad, you're missing the point," she said. "What you should be seeing here is the fact that Mom's got a really great rack."

Not the kind of joke I expected from a twelve-year-old, but kids are always surprising. You can see that my daughter is definitely a chip off the old block. Doesn't matter how inappropriate the joke is, if she thinks it, she's gotta say it. I love that kid.

No comments: